EWD™: Insects detection in products stored in bulk
EWD™: Decision aid equipment for the safe storage of stored cereals in bulk without sampling
EWD™ (Early Warning Diagnosis) is a technology for early detecting insects (larvae and adults) in stored cereals, pulses and other manufacturing food products.
- EWD SP™ « Semi Permanent »: To realize the automatic monitoring the infestation level in real time of a long-term storage
- EWD SA™ «Automatic probe»: To automatically detect the presence of insects and estimate their density in trucks and other means of transport. EWD SA™ is mechanically linked to the automatic sampler. The major advantage is the ability to control a delivery without having to climb into the dump. This version combines efficiency and safety.
- EWD P3™ « handheld »: To detect the presence of insects and estimate their density directly into the grain. This version, self-powered, can be used in all types of transportation (truck, ship, barge, and rail), in storage silos (flat, vertical, big bags ...) and farms.
- EWD LAB™ "Laboratory": To detect the presence of insects on the standard sample of grain usually taken.
The EWD™ product line is managed by EWG™ software which stored all the data and detection & density results. EWG™ and all EWD™ equipment can be remote controlled through Internet network.
The cereal chain passes through a "forced" point which is the best preservation of harvested grain. The Storage silos (OS) manage three roles:
- To contribute to the deliveries flow regulation
- To avoid any quality deterioration of a delivered grain
- To ensure the distribution of delivered grain split into quality classes respecting the user specifications.
A better insect detection and infestation estimation are totally on line with the cooperative’s strategy and especially in the environmentally-intense target, including restriction of chemical crop protection inputs for environmental and decreasing chemical residues in food. EWD™ will help to improve the management of more rational treatments of grain in silo which, beyond the positive environmental and economic impacts, lead to an offer of healthy quality food (less chemical residues). This strategy will meet the most strict customer requirements in the food industry.
Some cooperatives fall up to 50% of 2nd harvest grains, which were previously stored in a farm. These 50% have a huge risk to be infested because, usually, farmers do not use pesticide treatments. EWD™ is an effective solution for detecting insects, not only during the farm storage (The farmer is trained/managed by the cooperative) but on delivery at the silo that will enable cooperatives to clearly identify the risk infestation. Then, the cooperative will be able to take the appropriate decision for the delivered grain. (Reasoned, preventive, curative).